SEO DO’s and Don’ts
SEO is constantly changing but there are some things that you can do to be successful in this ever-changing search environment. Here are our SEO do’s and don’ts of the current search environment.
- Spend time categorising customers that have previously bought from you.
- Generate a large volume of keywords
- Incorporate words that are only relevant to the web page
- Do make a tailored meta description
- Google Analytics and Search Console to measure performance
- Optimise images with alt text
- Monitor Google’s announcements of new algorithmic changes
- Never stuff more than one keyword into page content
- Overuse the same keyword
- Don’t write and forget, websites with out-of-date content gets pushed down the rankings. If consistent changes are made to content, it shows that you are recognising market trends, something which Google really rewards.
- Don’t target high volume keywords, the competition put all their efforts into this area, focus on long tail keywords and leave Google Ads take care of the high-volume terms.
- Don’t use pop ups or redirects. As soon as a user lands on your web page they should be viewing content relating to their search.
- Don’t use backlink websites they have a low domain score and authority, and they will drag yours down with them
Recommended Tools for SEO
UberSuggest (https://neilpatel.com/ubersuggest/) is a great way to find new opportunities in terms of keywords but also it has a wealth of content that keeps up to date with the latest search engine trends. It is a platform that is always improving and adding value for users. It also has the power to analyse your competitors’ keywords.
Moz (https://moz.com/) is the more expensive subscription-based platform. It works similarly with UberSuggest however it has a set of highly effective website crawlers that will conduct in depth analyses of you and your competitors’ search engine performance.
Moz also has the ability to track the changes in rankings for your website and others. Moz separately measures Search Engine Results Pages (or search engine listings) and refreshes the list of the most popular terms every two weeks. Moz would be a great tool to assist with new content creation and keyword discovery.
SEMRush (https://www.semrush.com/) is also a premium platform but has mixed in social media scheduling and performance monitoring of social media accounts combined with the monitoring of search engine specific activities.
All of the above tools come with free trials, each platform works differently for a variety of reasons. It depends on the preferences and goals of the businesses that are utilising these tools for their online traffic management.